What is Roblox error code 279? This error is usually encountered when there is a problem with your internet connection.
This error can be caused to a number of things, like your Windows Firewall, a problem with the game you’re playing, etc. We’ll go over the causes of the error message in depth below, followed by some solutions that will assist you in resolving the issue. Let’s get started.
Roblox Error Code 279 – The Cause
When you get the error code, it’s typically because there’s a problem with your connection, which means something on your device is interfering with or blocking it. The following are the most common reasons for the problem:
- Slow Internet Connection: Your slow internet connection may be the cause of the error message. If your internet connection is weak, the connectivity to the game servers can take longer than normal, resulting in this error.
- Windows Firewall: In some cases, the Windows Firewall configuration may be the source of the error. The required Roblox connections will be blocked if you do not allow them via the Windows Firewall. In such cases, you will receive the error.
- Bad Game: In some situations, the problem is isolated to a small number of game servers. This can happen if the scripting is incorrect or the number of objects in the game exceeds the game’s ability. If you discover that the problem is limited to a few game servers, you can notify the developers so that they can work on a solution.
Let’s move on to the remedies now that we’ve covered the causes of the problem. It’s possible that a few of these ideas would not work for you, so make sure to try them all.
Roblox Error Code 279 – The Solution
1. Turn Off Windows Firewall
When you encounter Roblox Error Code 279, the first thing you can do is turn off your Windows Firewall for a while. After that, reconnect to the game to see if the problem still exists. If the problem has been resolved, it is most likely due to the Windows Firewall’s block and you have to allow it manually. To disable the Firewall, follow these steps:
- Start by typing Windows Defender Firewall in the Start Menu.
- Select ‘Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off‘ on the left-hand side.
- Make sure both the Public and Private network settings have ‘Turn off Windows Defender Firewall’ picked.
- Click the OK button.
- Check if the error is resolved.
2. Check if your Browser is Supported
If you choose to use the Roblox platform via a web browser rather than installing the software on your computer or mobile, make sure you’re using a compatible browser. Since certain browsers aren’t supported by Roblox, you won’t be able to play a game if you use one of them. Please visit this link for a list of browsers that are supported.
Make sure your web browser is up to date as well. If you’re accessing Roblox with Firefox or Chrome, make sure they’re up to date. This is one of the problems that can arise from using outdated browsers.
3. Disable Web Bowser Ad-Ons
Your browser’s third-party add-ons can also cause problems from time to time. If you have any Adblocker installed on your browser, they can prevent the game from loading. As a result, make sure you uninstall or disable all such add-ons before visiting the Roblox website to see if the problem persists.
4. Open Network Ports
Roblox error code 279 can also be encountered if you have not opened the required network ports. Here’s how to go about it:
- Log in to your router’s control panel as an administrator.
- Navigate to the port forwarding section.
- After entering your system’s IP address, pick the 49152–65535 port range and UDP as the protocol.
- Restart your router after you’ve finished.
- Check to see if the problem persists.
5. Turn-Off Antivirus
In certain cases, your system’s third-party antivirus software can interfere with Roblox’s connection mechanism, preventing you from connecting to the game. As a result, momentarily disable your antivirus program before attempting to connect. If the problem is fixed, you’ll need to make an exception for Roblox.
For information on other Roblox errors, please visit this post.
Hi, I’m Sam. I’m a Roblox fanatic and just love the whole platform. I write how-to guides on Roblox on this blog in order to help fellow Roblox players. I have also built a Free Robux Generator. You can check it out below.